Monday, July 25

These are a few of my favorite things

Today was a really good day.

Nothing spectacular happened; it was just one of those days when you wake up in a good mood and it stays with you all day. Then, throughout the whole day, everything you do is fun and successful and spent with people who bring out the best in you. And of course, it all ends with a beautiful sunset that leaves you with a sense of peace.

Do you know what kind of day I am talking about?

I had one of those days today!

Align Center[And, to make it that much better, I crossed off a goal on my Bucket List! I went to a Zumba class with two really great friends and had such a good time (and had my ass kicked!). I guess writing down my Bucket List really is motivating. Now, I just gotta sneak into a Yoga class...]

Anyway, I was watching the sunset on my "sunset hill" and I just had time to think (Bonus: surprisingly, no one else was taking advantage of "my" hill, which is usually the case). Well, with being in such a good mood, I started to think of things that make me feel this way: friends & family, beautiful views, etc. I unconsciously started to form a list of my favorite things in my head- apparently I really like lists.

It was kinda cheesy. I was waiting for Julie Andrews to pop up from behind a rock to create a song out of my thoughts. But, whatever. I was, still am, in a good mood and I'm going to ride it for as long as I can.

So, here is what Julie Andrews would sing about:

Sunsets.
(Today, from my sunset hill)

Blackberries. Cherries.

Chips & salsa & cheese. Especially when consumed in large quantities with Elise at an ungodly hour of the night.


Quiet mornings to wake up slowly.

Coffee dates with friends.

These people:





Sunlight; especially after it rains and everything seems crisper and brighter. My future house will have a lot of windows. I need the natural sunlight.

Big, fluffy clouds.


Phoenix Art Museum, where I work.

Traveling. Anywhere.

Birthdays.



Live music.


Manhattan Beach, California.


Naps.

Naps on Nana's couch.

Spontaneous get-togethers or activities.

Flower gardens. Really, flowers in general.

Harry Potter.

The smell of rain

Freshly painted toenails.

Kisses.

Flagstaff.


A good book (to read on Nana's couch).

Art. All of it!

Unexpected text messages.

New friendships.


What are your favorite things?

2 comments:

  1. Honored to make the pictures. I think we have a lot of favorite things in common so thanks for listing mine too!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder to pause and smile about a few of my favorite things like... Cakes, the beach, ocean, sunsets - feed my soul, Isla Blue - funny faces and her earlobes, Marvin Gaye - what a voice, Adele - what a voice, dancing, chocolate - especially dark, the aroma of freshly mowed lawn, being in and marveling at nature, laughing so much my face hurts, dear friends, "all my Tonnes". Pinch pinch, YFA

    ReplyDelete