Friday, June 29

Life is a highway

Last week, Ben and I took a little trip along the California coastline via Hwy 1. 
I have no words to describe how amazingly fun it was, which is a shame, 'cause I would really like to brag about it.
So, I will have to use these pictures to try to convey how epic it was.

D A Y   O N E: 
Concord, CA (i.e. Oakland, CA)
 [This is what Ben left me all summer to do: play with PVC horses.]
[I'm not bitter.]
 [Okay. I'll admit what he does is pretty awesome. And he's great at it! Plus, his friends/colleagues are pretty great too.]
[It was over 100 degrees the first day. I was not pleased. But, that evening was beautiful.]

Not pictured: Dinner with Ben's uncles, David & Mike, who were WONDERFUL hosts. I hope I can visit them again.

D A Y   T W O: 
San Francisco, CA.
 [Driving in SF sucks.]
 [We stayed at this great hotel, Le Hotel d'Arts. Each room was commissioned to be painted by a local artist. And they sold the artwork in the hallways. Awesome.]
[We went to the Botanical Garden in Golden Gate Park. Despite it being freezing, it was a great time! Obviously, Ben is great at headstands.]
[We went to the de Young Art Museum.]
[So foggy.]

D A Y   T H R E E : 
San Francisco, CA... Santa Barbara, CA:
 [Chinatown.]
 [So many scarves! I bought one.]
[I want to move to SF. It was my favorite city on our trip. Who cares if it is more expensive than NYC? Ben agrees, it's a perfect city.]
[It was foggy.]
 [And then it was beautiful.]
 [We spontaneously pulled over to pick some fresh strawberries.]
[Berry picking was our favorite part of the whole week.]
[The rest of the drive was terrifying.]



D A Y   F O U R :
Santa Barbara, CA... Los Angeles, CA
[We stayed here. Wish we had time to use the patio.]
 [And hang out with our neighbor.]
 [We conveniently stopped to tour the university as a possible Grad school choice. After talking with an adviser, it's not the program for me. But, how beautiful is their campus?!]
[Ben napped to LA.]
[We stayed in the wonderfully gaudy Hollywood Historic Hotel on the, ahem, east side of West Hollywood.]
[We went to a FANTASTIC show at The Troubadour. Listen to Delta Rae. You won't be disappointed.]

D A Y   F I V E :
Los Angeles, CA... San Diego, CA
[We had brunch with one of my favorites. I'm kinda obsessed with her.]
[Ben's never been, so we went.]
[It was a beautiful day.]
[We got to have dinner with this happy girl!]

 [She's laughing at Ben playing "Put My Sunglasses On Upside Down". Adorable.]
[Love my family.]

D A Y   S I X :
San Diego, CA
 [Beach time. My boyfriend is hot.]

I now officially now hate Phoenix and need to be in California forever.
It was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment