Confession 1: I am really bad at maintaining a blog.
Confession 2: I can't even come up with a good excuse to cover up the fact that I am bad at maintaining this blog.
Apology 1: I'm sorry to those of you who have asked when I will post something new and I slyly distract you with mumbles and diverted eye contact and immediately change the subject to something else so I don't have to admit that I am really bad at maintaining this blog.
Apology 2: I will try to be better, because Confession 3 is I kinda enjoy writing this blog and I want to be better at posting. So, here are some pretty awesome things that I have come across, done, and like since my last post...
1. I was able to watch one of my favorite artists paint!
Lousia McElwain did a demonstration at Phoenix Art Museum. Not only is she incredibly talented, she's funny! She applies thick coats of oil paint to her canvases with different sizes of pallet knives to create in Impressionistic/ Abstract Expressionistic look (which is my favorite style). It was pretty awesome. I wish the camera on my phone was better...
2. I went to Flagstaff for Homecoming!
We danced for hours, drank too much, stuffed our faces with delicious food, and spent hours talking & laughing until our faces hurt. How is it that a place can bring out the best in people? Or is it just that the people in that place that bring out the best me? Can it be both?
3. This is one of the most creative ideas I have ever seen!
Artist Alexa Meade playfully and skillfully combines paint, portraiture, photography and performance. She paints her models, photographs them, and the models pose for an installation performance piece. Awesome. Go here to see more examples.
4. I currently have The Hush Sound on repeat.
5. My new [expensive] hobby is trying local restaurants in Phoenix to explore downtown and try new foods. For those of you in the area, go here:
1. The Bread Fruit- delicious, spicy, exotic Jamaican food.
2. Coronado Cafe- besides being delicious!, it is adorable and friendly.
3. Gallo Blanco- their verde salsa is mouth watering.
4. McAlpine's Sode Fountain- while the food isn't so great, the retro charm and the eclectic shop are worth it!
5. Ezno's Gelato & Coffee Bar- Not only is it tasty, every single customer who I watched come in was speaking Italian which proves that this place is the real deal.
*Note on my soapbox: Support your local businesses!*
I hope this random post makes up for my lack of creativity and absence these past months. I promise to be more diligent about posting- I have a few ideas of upcoming posts... I know you're on the edge of your seats now!
[Ryan & Brittany finally tie the knot. How pretty are my friends?!]
[Can you guess what I was for Halloween?]
[...]
[October evening walk around the neighborhood.]
[One of the rare occasions we were all in the same place.]
[Tour de Fat 2011.]





No comments:
Post a Comment