Thursday, July 22

Please mind the gap

We made it!!

Elise and I had fun touring London for a couple of hours. We had an 8 hour layover, so yes, we ditched the airport for a cold beer and fish and chips. The customs guy gave us a hard time for wanting to leave for such a short time, but it was well worth it. Then, back on a plane to Athens!

We arrived at 3 am this morning. Stiff and tired, we made our way to the bathroom to brush our teeth and change our shirts. We along with many other young travelers took advantage of the airport bathroom to put ourselves together. Feeling refreshed, we stashed our bag and set out to try to navigate the Athens metro system. Our ice princess of a tendent wasn't very accomodating, but we figured in out and made it to the Acropilis for sunrise. It was well worth the headache trying to get there. We were the only ones around while everyone was still waking up in the city and we had this grand, hitorical, art masterpiece to ourselves for a short while. When they opened the gates at 8 to actually go see the Parthenon up close, there must have been 300 tourists that came out of nowhere! We wondered around the agora at the base of the Parthenon for a while too, walked around the flea market, and ate lunch as probably the cutest cafe ever. Next stop was the Archaeological Museum to look at a lot of really olf sculptures. Tonight, we boared an overnight ferry to Crete for the day and then to Santorini for some beach time.

We're dirty and tired, but we're having a really great time! I don't have my camera cord to add pictures this time, but hopefully I can post some pictues soon.

Be in touch soon!

8 comments:

  1. Kali, i am so freaking jealous of you. I am like 50% happy for you and 50% jealous...ok so maybe its more like 25/75. JK, anywho, I love you, be safe and keep me posted cuz I am living vicariously through you. xoxoxox you deserve it girly, live it up! xoxox Eischen

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you pack so much in in such a short time?! A sunrise, ahhh...so blessed you are. pictures would be terrific. Love you kiddo. Mom (using susan's computer!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that your luggage made it to Athens! You worried for no reason at all. Enjoy you time and have tons of fun for me!! Love you and Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh!! Awesome start to your trip ladies! I am now an avid stalker of your blog! Take too many pictures and stay out too late!

    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kali, this is experience is such a blessing. I am so happy for you. You will remember this moment for as long as you live. Cherish it.

    Oriel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kali, this is so awesome! Sooo excited for you! I hope you're able to post some pictures soon. But you're doing a good job painting those visuals for us. I love the blogging! Enjoy every second!

    Melissa (Starbucks Melissa) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHH! Love you miss Kali Mae! So glad you made it there safe and that you're taking it all in :) can't wait to hear more!! <3
    Lucy Lu

    ReplyDelete