Unfortunately, I made it home safely. I would much rather still be in Europe traveling around to the hundreds of places I still need to see, but, I am also glad to be able to sleep in my own bed finally.
My last day in Barcelona was spent on the beach! Ironically, it was cloudy for a large portion of the afternoon after the day before being scorching with zero cloud cover. Seriously, Mother Nature, what is your deal? But, it cleared up late afternoon and we were both definitely kissed by the sun. Ask Elise about it; I'm sure she would love to tell you about it. But, it was a wonderful, relaxing day- we even paid for a massage on the beach to really put us at ease. We went out to dinner again for another mouth watering meal and sweet sangria. Being back in the states makes me miss all of the food so much. I went to the grocery store yesterday to get ingredients to try to recreate some of the foods we tried. I'm not holding my breath for anything, but I'm going to try. I'll let you know how it turns out. Eating our way through Europe was one of my favorite parts!
The next morning, I packed up my backpack for the last time and we walked to the train station. However, I missed the train to the airport and ended up getting a taxi. Which was a gift in disguise because it turns out there are two airports in Barcelona and I would have ended up at the wrong one and most likely would have missed my flight. I wouldn't have minded at all, but my bank account would have taken a hard blow...
And then I sat on a plane for the next 14 hours. It was very nice having Mom pick me up from the airport and give me a huge hug! I hadn't seen her for 2 months and didn't realize how much I missed being able to talk to her (Hi, Mom). When we got home, I did the most American thing I could think of: watched awful TV for an hour until Dad got home. Kyle came over too to say hi and Kelsey come home from work and it was so nice to be around my family again. I should them about a third of my pictures (I took so many!) and tried to tell them what was in each one, but it's amazing how quickly I forgot what I took pictures of! It's a good thing I took notes to remind myself. I promise, pictures will be coming soon!
So, now, I am back in the USA, and trying to adjust to the new time zone. I start back at the Museum on Monday, so I'm killing time and catching up with friends until then. I really could still be traveling, but I am excited to be home now too. I have plans and goals to accomplish and Europe marked the end of a chapter in my life. I'm excited to see what happens next for me!
Keep thinking of Elise- she is still traveling for three more weeks with friends. I wish I was with her and I am going through extreme withdrawals not seeing her every second of every day. We're going to be pen pals while she's still gone to ease the pain of not being with each other 24/7. It's like we're dating.
Thanks to everyone who actually read this blog and left comments. It was a lot of fun for us to see what you wrote and to stay in touch. I apologize for the terrible spelling, grammar, and run-on thoughts as I rambled on and on about everything. Yet, I hope you all enjoyed reading about our adventures and we were glad to have the chance to brag a little bit. Haha! It was the trip of a lifetime! This trip has only ignited a stronger desire to travel the world and see everything there is to see, so, hopefully, there will be another travel blog in the future...
I look forward to talking with each of you in person soon so we can catch up!
This is Kali, signing out.
I like to see you...call me and let's get together....Sharon
ReplyDelete